Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We don't like to brag but....

...look at what we just completed. 


Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.
Yeah, that's right.  One week ago we were in an OR at CHOP having a our little nuisance of a brain tumor removed, and yet here we are 7 days later putting together Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator.  It's only 479 pieces.  Piece of cake.

Seven days out and life is good.  Scar is healing great.  Vision and balance is 100%.  We had a stimulating discussion about Charles Darwin and Anaïs Nin at breakfast this morning.  This isn't a joke either.  Apparently a cartoon Ethan watches has a character named Anaïs (the empowered little sister) and Darwin (a fish).    A gentleman dining alone overheard our discussion and approached our table on his way out to tell me how impressed he was with my 8 year old's vocabulary.  I was so proud.  :)

It is just unbelievable that a child could endure what Ethan did and rebound from it so quickly.   It's only been a week and it feels like the whole thing was just a bad dream.  I couldn't possibly be any happier. 

So look out Millennium Falcon....  cause you're next.

1 comment:

  1. My oh my. What a kid! This is just too good to believe & now I really do believe in miracles! So, so happy for him and the whole family!!!

    ReplyDelete