Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Thought I would stop by to update everyone  that tomorrow Ethan will to undergo his first post-op MRI.  This should let us know whether or not any of the remaining tumor tissue has begun to grow.

We do not meet with our oncologists at CHOP until the 2nd of August, so there is no knowing if they will provide us with these test results prior to that appointment.

My baby boy is 9!!!
I can say that I fully comprehend what other parents have fittingly labeled as "scanxiety".

Ethan on the other hand seems to be thriving and living his life free from any concern.  He and Emerson have recently wrapped up a fun-filled month long stay on the West Coast with Adam's parents and just this weekend we celebrated their birthdays with a 16 ft. tall water slide.  It's hard to believe he's 9!

Not a day goes by where I don't find myself thinking how fortunate our family has been and I can only hope for our luck to continue.

Please keep him in your thoughts tomorrow and lets keep our fingers crossed for a clean scan!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I know this post is a few years old, but I randomly stumbled upon it when I googled pediatric gliomas on middle cerebellar peduncle. My daughter, Sophia, had an mri that was suggestive of a glioma on her peduncle and we have an appointment with Dr. Storm tomorrow who is chief of neurosurgery at CHOP. Just curious to see how your son is doing now? I'm so very nervous for tomorrow's appointment as I am sure you can relate! -Megan

    ReplyDelete